By visiting Zortrax websites, filling in various forms available there (like a contact form or a newsletter subscription form), registering a Zortrax product, or by using any other services offered by Zortrax, you submit your personal data to Zortrax. The purpose of this document is to help you understand what kind of data Zortrax is gathering and why.
1. General Information
Zortrax S.A. with headquarters at Lubelska 34, 10-409, Olsztyn, Poland (further referred to as “Zortrax”, “we”, “our”, “us”), recognizes the utmost importance of privacy protection and personal data security. The purpose of this document is to inform on good practices and policies implemented by Zortrax in collecting, processing, and transferring personal data submitted by users via our website and/or electronic services.
In accordance with Article 13 par. 1 and 2 of The General Data Protection Regulation from April 27, 2016 further referred to as GDPR we inform that:
- Zortrax is the Administrator of your personal data;
- The Administrator can be contacted via a contact form available on https://zortrax.com/contact/ webpage, by phone number +48 89 672 40 01, or by a written letter sent to the Administrator’s headquarters;
- Your personal data will be processed for purposes stated in par. 3;
- On the Administrator’s commission, your personal data can be made available to other entities like IT, legal, accountancy, postal, and courier services providers, as well as to other third parties like local Zortrax Distributors;
- You have a right to:
- access your personal data i.e. request information how your personal data are being processed or obtain a copy of the aforementioned data,
- to correct your personal data i.e. you have a right to demand your personal data to be corrected or completed as necessary,
- to remove your personal data i.e. you have a right to request removal of your personal data (in accordance with relevant laws and regulations,
- to limit processing of your personal data i.e. in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, you have a right to request limitations in processing of your personal data,
- to migrate your personal data i.e. you have a right to obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and readable digital format and, in some cases, to submit the aforementioned data to different organization,
- to submit objections i.e. you have a right to object to processing of your personal data when the aforementioned processing is being done to pursue our legally justified interests,
- to withdraw your consent i.e. when the processing of your personal data is being done based on your explicit consent, you have a right to withdraw that consent to processing of your personal data at any time while accepting that the withdrawal has no effect on legality of consent-based processing of your personal data that had been done before the withdrawal was submitted,
- to file a complaint to a supervisory authorities, especially in a EU member state where you have a place of residence, place of work, or a place where an alleged infringement of your rights has been committed, if you believe processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR regulations.
2. The kind of users’ data Zortrax collects and for how long this data is stored.
Zortrax can collect and store the following data concerning its users:
2.1 Data Submitted Directly by Users
Users can submit data that allows for their identification by using Zortrax services, filling in forms or questionnaires available on our website (registration forms is one of the examples), registering a Zortrax product, taking part in competitions or promotions, interacting with Zortrax by phone, email, or any other means of communication, as well as by using Zortrax customer support and Zortrax Live Chat.
The submitted data falls into one or more of the following categories:
- Mandatory data, necessary to register for services available through Zortrax website or other services provided by Zortrax (for example Zortrax Online Store or Zortrax Resellers Platform);
- Photos (for example those posted on our forum);
- Records of all kinds of correspondence between users and Zortrax;
- Detailed information on users’ visiting our website and using resources available there;
- Responses provided in all kinds of questionnaires. Those can be used for analyses, particularly the ones on users’ behavior and users’ satisfaction;
- Information Zortrax may require while submitting issues with its products and/or services, as well as while contacting its customer support;
- Geolocation data, if a user has consented to collecting and processing of it;
- In case of registering a user through social media, Zortrax will have access to some of user’s personal data (like name, profile picture, email, number of friend on Facebook, etc.), posted on his or her profile in accordance with terms and conditions of a given social media platform.
2.2. Data Gathered Automatically
In regard to users’ visits on our website, Zortrax can gather, in accordance with relevant legal regulations and only upon users’ explicit consent, data on users’ devices and/or networks used by them to access Zortrax services. It may include data falling into the following categories: an IP address, login data, type and version of the web browser, kind and number of installed plug-ins used by the web browser, platform and operating system, advertising ID, visiting statistics including the URL of the website where the link to the Zortrax website has been clicked on, browsed and searched for products and/or services, downloading data errors, time-spans of activity at all visited webpages in Zortrax domain, interaction with other websites and all phone numbers used to contact Zortrax tech support. Zortrax obtains this data with various technologies, including cookies. Specific terms and conditions regulating the usage of cookies are to be found further in the Private Policy (pt. 8).
2.3. Storing the Data
Zortrax do not store users’ personal data longer than it is necessary for purposes for which the aforementioned data has been collected. The above means that personal data collected by Zortrax shall be deleted or otherwise removed from its databases when it is no longer needed.
Processing of the user’s personal data is being done in accordance with the following rules:
- processing of the user’s personal data is being done at least for the time the personal data is needed to provide services to the user;
- processing and storing of the user’s personal data is being done in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, valid contracts, or when it is necessary for Zortrax to perform its legal duties;
- Processing of data is being done exclusively for the time necessary to pursue purposes for which the data has been collected or longer if it is necessitated by a valid contract, relevant law, or for statistical analysis, with appropriate security measures in place.
3. How Zortrax Uses the Data Collected from Users?
Zortrax uses the data collected from its users for the following purposes:
- To fulfill its obligations arising from all kinds of agreements with users and to provide them with information concerning ordered products and/or services. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations;
- To enable users to register themselves or their products and grant them access to Zortrax services. Processing of data in this manner is necessary to fulfill mutual contractual obligations;
- To inform users on available products and/or services via email, text messages, and/or other means of communication. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations and is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To receive users’ payments or to issue payments previously received by Zortrax on users’ behalf. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations;
- To enable users to personalize their profiles on Zortrax websites. Processing of such data is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To enable users to share and exchange information about our services with other users. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations and is done upon users’ explicit consent;
- To send users, in compliance with laws and regulations in force and, when necessary, upon users’ explicit consent, marketing materials and information necessary to improve delivery of ordered products and/or services, as well as suggestions regarding other products and services that may be of interest for users. Moreover, Zortrax use users’ data to send them personalized ads in social media. Detailed information on operation of such services and kinds of data they collect from users is available on relevant webpages of a given social media platform. Processing of such data is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent and the existence of Zortrax justified cause for processing it;
- To provide users with information on changes in Zortrax products and/or services. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations, to comply with relevant laws and regulations, and to act upon or protect any legal claims that may arise during users’ relationship with Zortrax;
- To properly manage Zortrax websites and internal activities such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and conducting research, analytic, and supervisory projects. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of Zortrax justified cause for processing it (for example to guarantee security of Zortrax platforms and their improvement);
- To improve Zortrax website and to guarantee the content published there is always presented in the best possible way for users and their devices. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations, and/or is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To enable users’ use of interactive features in Zortrax services, if they wish to use those features. Processing of such data is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations and/or is entirely conditional on users’ explicit consent;
- To ensure security of Zortrax website. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of Zortrax justified cause for processing it, necessary to act upon or to protect any legal claims that may arise during users’ relationship with Zortrax, and to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- To conduct measurements and activities aimed at evaluating the effectiveness of advertisements sent to users or third parties, and to deliver personalized ads to users. Processing of such data is conditional on the existence of Zortrax justified cause for processing it and/or on the users’ explicit consent.
3.1. Forms and their purpose
- Contact Form. Its purpose is to respond to the user in a specific case;
- Newsletter Subscription Form. Its purpose is to deliver a newsletter with product announcements, press releases, and other news related to Zortrax and 3D printing in general;
- Support Form. Its purpose is to submit encountered issues or requests for repairs. Acting upon such requests may require your personal data to be shared with third-party suppliers and service providers;
- Become a Reseller Form. Its purpose is to submit an application to become a Zortrax Reseller. Sometimes it’s also used for offering products and effecting sales;
- Get a Quote Form. Its purpose is for Zortrax to make a personalized offer for various products and finalize sales. Personal data gathered from this form can be shared with third party entities like Zortrax Distributors or Resellers;
- Get a Sample Form. Its purpose is to offer samples of models 3D printed on Zortrax 3D printers. Personal data gathered from this form can be share with third-party entities like Zortrax Distributors or Resellers to get those samples made and delivered in a timely manner.
- Place an Order Form. Its purpose is to enable the user to request valuation of a 3D printing service and further fulfillment of the placed order for that 3D printing service.
4. Who are the recipients of data collected from Zortrax users and why it is available to those recipients?
When users use Zortrax services, some of their personal data is made available to members of Zortrax community, for example through users’ public profiles.
Moreover, Zortrax works closely with third party entities, who can be users’ personal data recipients such as:
- Zortrax business partners like Resellers, who can offer related services to users;
- Zortrax vendors in technical matters, payment processing, identity verification, as well as products and/or services delivery.
Zortrax makes data collected from users, including personal data, available to any of the above-mentioned third-party entities only if this is necessary:
- To enable the use of services provided by the third-party entity;
- To fulfill contractual obligations;
- To simplify the delivery of Zortrax services or to extend the scope of those services.
Zortrax uses third party services for analytics and search engines optimization. It is assumed that by signing up for Zortrax services users’ give their consent for their data to be used by the above-mentioned third-party entities.
Zortrax may disclose users’ personal data upon request from authorities or the court of law in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, or upon a bona fide belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Fend off any legal claims brought against Zortrax in the court of law;
- Provide evidence in an ongoing legal investigation;
- Remove an imminent threat that may cause a human death or injury;
- Protect rights, property and security of Zortrax, its users, or third parties.
5. Personalized ads delivered through social media, email, and text messages.
In compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and when necessary, upon users’ explicit consent, Zortrax can use the data submitted via its platforms for the purpose of direct marketing through electronic means of communication which may include, but is not limited to:
- Sending newsletters, invitations for Zortrax-organized events or other messages that according to Zortrax may be of interest for users;
- Delivering personalized ads through social media platforms or third party websites.
In regard to marketing messages sent through the electronic means of communication, users can withdraw their consent for receiving such messages by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe button present in every message sent by Zortrax to its users;
Targeted ads and materials:
- On social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn users can opt out of receiving the above-mentioned ads and materials by changing the appropriate account settings at a given social media platform;
- To opt out of receiving ads on third party websites, please follow the instructions included in the paragraph Cookies and Similar Technologies.
6. Access to Users’ Data by Third Party Entities
All users’ personal data are stored within the European Union. Considering that Zortrax operates at an international scale, it does grant access to its users’ personal data to third party entities based in non-EU countries where regulations on handling personal data may by less rigorous than those in force in the user’s place of residence.
It may be the case when a third party entity providing data processing services for Zortrax has its headquarters in a non-EU country that does not have the appropriate legal protections for users’ personal data in place. Such service provider responsible for users’ data processing may take part in delivering services ordered by users, processing of their billing information, delivering advertising and marketing services on behalf of Zortrax, and/or delivering support services through electronic means of communication.
The above applies to making users’ data available to corporate entities based outside of the EU for the purpose of delivering relevant services in their respective countries.
To obtain detailed information on data security measures in place at Zortrax, please use the contact forms available below.
7. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
8. Links to External Websites and Social Media
Zortrax can include links to external websites belonging to its partnership networks, advertisers, or subsidiary corporate entities. In case of using links to external websites, users should bear in mind they are bound by privacies policies in place at those respective websites. Zortrax holds no responsibility for users’ data collected, stored and/or processed by third party entities. It is advised to read relevant privacy policies at any website before submitting personal data there.
10. Contact Details