Support for Zortrax M300 Dual 3D Printer Added in Z-SUITE 2.10.0
- Z-SUITE 2.10.0 release is available for download.
- Zortrax M300 Dual 3D printer is now supported and it can 3D print in both single and dual-extrusion modes.
- New infill pattern, Grid, is now available for M Series Plus and M Series Dual 3D Printers
- Shell mode improvements and the Thin Walls Infill parameter allow increased durability of 3D printed models.
- The overgrowth correction option allows the user to correct dimensions of Zortrax Inkspire 3D prints.
The support for Zortrax M300 Dual is just one of a slew new features enhancing the user’s work experience in the latest Z-SUITE update. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect with the Z-SUITE 2.10.0 most important features.
Z-SUITE for the M300 Dual
The list of supported devices has now expanded and includes Zortrax M300 Dual and it is now possible to prepare files for 3D printing in both single and dual-extrusion modes. These allow users to choose whether they want to print solely with the model material or with said material and a dissolvable support material. 3D Printing in single-extrusion mode requires manual removal of support structures once the entire process has been completed. The dual-extrusion function supports the model with a material that it entirely soluble in water. The newest M300 Dual can be fully managed from the My Devices panel, as with all Zortrax devices, and can 3D print with standard thermoplastics available in our offer, as well as, the special dissolvable material, Z-SUPPORT Premium.
Infill & Shell Mode Improvements
The 2.10.0 version also introduces a new infill pattern, called Grid (patt. 1). This pattern is available for both M Series Plus and M Series Dual 3D printers. By using this new pattern, lines of the infill are 3D printed in both directions to form a full grid on each layer, unlike in the patt. 0, where lines are printed only in one direction on each layer. The grid pattern is recommended for models with lower infill density and thicker layers.
What’s more, it is now possible to choose up to 10 walls and up to 10 bottom layers for prints in the Shell mode. This causes better durability of the models, which combined with another addition, The Thin Walls Infill parameter, should allow your 3D printed models to have an increased sturdiness. The new parameter can increase the durability of thin walls by controlling their maximum thickness in which the generated infill will be denser. Walls with a thickness lower than the established value (by default 3.00 mm) will have a more durable structure, however, it will take the program more time to generate them, thus causing their print time to be increased. Walls thicker than the default value will be printed with infill of standard durability.
The latest version of Z-SUITE now allows you to correct dimensions for Zortrax Inkspire 3D prints. This new option of Overgrowth correction decreases the model’s outer dimensions and enlarges holes (1 pixel decreases dimensions on both sides by 0.1 mm in total). However, the actual value of the correction depends on the type of resin and its shrinkage.
You can see the full changelog here:
- Zortrax M300 Dual can now be added to the My Devices panel,
- It is now possible to choose up to 10 walls and up to 10 bottom layers in the Shell mode,
- A new infill pattern – Grid (patt. 1) – generates full grid on each layer,
- A new option Thin Walls Infill generates denser and more durable infill in thin walls,
- Recently used 3D printers are now indicated in the new project window,
- Printing profiles for the M Series Plus printers have been updated: Z-PLA for M200 Plus and Z-PLA, Z-ABS, Z-PCABS for M300 Plus
- It is now possible to correct the model’s dimensions for Inkspire with the new Overgrowth correction option.